| Pro League HTML | Slack Channel | College League HTML |

Trade blocks

Should trade blocks be part of the mandatory GM activity assessment?

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes: 13

Cleasby

Trade blocks

Post by Cleasby » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:46 pm

How does everyone feel about making a part of GMs responsibilities to have some kind of active trade block.
It does not need to be as complex as the Panthers but just a few lines on what is available.

It can simply say not trading of you don't want to trade but it would be nice to understand a bit more about whether GMs want to trade or not. Also would save a lot of time from those who want to trade waiting for GMs who do not.

In terms of how often a block is updated I would say as and when but maybe minimum at end of season? And after a trade from the team?

Do you guys think we should include this as parts of GMs "activity".

As it stands we don't ask for much just exporting and being active at draft time with articles for picks as well as awards voting.

So I am keen to hear what you all think?

drumr
SBII Champ

Re: Trade blocks

Post by drumr » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:57 pm

After thought I'm on the yes side of this argument. GMs are basically asked to just submit which is super easy, but when half the league keeps to themselves that does nothing for league activity nor parity. There's teams I have NEVER seen beyond the welcome post lol. It would be nice to know what's going on with them and the rest of the league.

I don't really care about making people trade or anything. I don't wanna be overly restrictive. It just seems like the one thing we all should do to help drive traffic and also help parity.

How many times have you said to yourself "Holy crap I didn't even know that guy was available!" Or wait for 3 days for a reply to a single trade offer only to forget about it then see the player move later? For people really engaged in the league it can be deeply fustrating.

Even if it said. "I DON'T TRADE THANKS" hey it's better than nothing.
Tennessee Titans
2010 CSFL: 9-7
2011 CSFL: 13-3 (Super Bowl II Champion, MVP: V. Young)