| Pro League HTML | Slack Channel | College League HTML |

Transition Of League

Rizzo
Site Admin
Transition Of League

Post by Rizzo » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:00 pm

Hello GMs

We hope you have enjoyed the season and are ready for the playoffs! It has been a great season so far and the community is going from strength to strength as we move to the new era and a new engine in DDPF21. As part of this move to the new engine we have faced some challenges over the past several weeks with bots attempting to gain access to the forum, we are now receiving approximately 80-100 registrations a week. This has led us to question whether a move off of the forum is now the right thing to do, in combination with slacks paywall challenges and the message limitations we have.

Therefore myself and the admin team have decided to move the great benefits of a forum and slack to a new discord server for next season. We have begun the task of creating the server. From first appearance it will look like a small cross between the forum and the slack channel we have.

There are some great benefits that we think moving to this platform will provide us

- Full message history
- Ability to use bots to manage access and basic tasks therefore reducing admin burden
- Everything will be in one place. Communicate with GMs and see league info all in one place

In line with this move to discord we will be making one change to the GM draft requirements
- We want discussions and interaction to be more fluid and in real time as it seems like GM's engage with this more. There will no longer be a requirement for draft articles in rounds 1-3.

I hope you all see this as a positive move for the league and I think we will benefit hugely from this.

We will be sending a discord invite to all GM's via PM on the forum to prevent any bots grabbing hold of the link. If you do not receieve this please reach out to the admins.

We will move everything over to discord by the end of the superbowl. Therefore please make sure you join before this date. Until then we will be running the league via slack and the forum.

Thank you as always for being a great community!

Your Commissioner

Rizzo
New England Patriots
2011: 8-8, Missed Playoffs
2010: 14-2, Lost in Super Bowl I

AFC Champs Image 2010

-----

Washington Huskies
2010: 12-4, PAC-12 North Division Champs

Texas Longhorns
2011: 7-6, won Liberty Bowl

Cleasby

Re: Transition Of League

Post by Cleasby » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:10 pm

To add to this. The invite link expires automatically after 24 hours if you please need it again contact the admins on slack or here.

Thanks

Cleasby

Re: Transition Of League

Post by Cleasby » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:07 pm

Bump for GMs to see we are moving to discord